Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Snapping Your Braces

Ever since elastic was used as a materials for braces, people have been snapping brace straps. It could be yourself or others that snap your straps. This is a fun fashion accessory to play with.

Elastic suspenders and braces provide the flexibility to support your pants, but also give someone an easy opportunity to inflict some pain. The person pulling the brace straps always has a smile on their face.

People snapping your braces shouldn’t deter you from wearing them though. It’s part of the territory of wearing braces.

One could wear non-stretch brace, such as braid, leather, or cloth, but these then perform poorly when the individual bends down or stretches.

Brace straps are frequently used for hanging on - for example, in piggy back rides.

Or similarly, this man’s braces are likely being used to anchor his sons' ride.

As I mentioned, some people snap their own braces.

So go ahead snap your braces. And if someone else does it for you, treat it as a pat on the back!

Maybe you just like to hook your thumbs behind your braces. This is very comfortable!



Or even your whole arm!

One things for sure, they make for a good hand-hold for kissing.
 
I was recently at a grocery store. I was wearing pants with stripped, elastic braces. I was waiting in line to pay, with my body halfway turned. A lady a few years younger than me was behind me in line. 
She said, "I love your suspenders."
"Thanks," I replied. "They are so comfortable and stylish."
"And you can snap them," she said, as she pulled back the nearest strap and let it go before I could say anything. "Sorry," she said, "I just love suspenders. I've been trying to convince my boyfriend to wear them, but he's says there not for him."
"Well, if you snap them, he's probably not interested in wearing them," I replied.
"I realize that," she said.
The store clerk started processing my items, and I paid.
"Have a nice day," I said, as I left the store.
"You too," she said smiling. "Please do keep wearing suspenders."
"I will," I said. "Glad I could make your day snappy!"
She laughed.


Discussion time:
  • Do people snap your braces?
  • What do you do when someone snaps your braces, especially from the back?
  • Do you like to hook your thumbs behind your braces? 
Note: all photos are used solely for non-commercial use and to illustrate braces in fashion. No plagiarism is intended.

    14 comments:

    1. I love to snap my braces it feels great!! hubby snaps mine and I also like to hook my thumbs behind them. I am not keen on materials than elastic as this feels more secure on my trousers!!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. My wife likes to snap my suspenders.She has been doing this since we first met many years ago.I guess she likes the sound the suspenders make when she snaps them.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I always get my braces snapped. One time, in school, the older boys all ganged up on me, lifted me up and hung me from a hook really high up on the wall. My braces held for the whole time!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. @Anonymous: Wow that's great. I don't know what is worse - having your braces pop off and crash to the floor, or your braces stay in tact but you remain hanging on the wall!

        Don't be offended by people pestering you for wearing braces. They are stylish and comfortable.

        Delete
      2. I never had an experience like this,but I too copped my fair share of ribbing about wearing braces,particularly as I was the only one still wearing shorts with them.

        Delete
      3. as a child we always used to snap each others braces as every boy wore them with their short trousers.When I moved to high school to a different area I was in the minority as very few wore braces.The nasty types would pull my braces and I frequently had the brace buttons pop off.

        Delete
    4. Oh my god, I usually wear suspenders and some of my friends snap them when I "say something wrong". And, like Anonymous, I have been left hanging from a tree, but mines actually broke. The person that most snaps them is probable my cousin, seh is evil. Anyway I still wear them although being fifteen.

      Sorry for my bad English

      ReplyDelete
    5. It's comfy and it won't let your trousers go down. a friend of mine also snapped them and call me "Nerd" afterwards. but who cares. The more I look like a nerd, the more confident I am hahaha.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Yes, the more confident you are the less they will feel the need to snap your suspenders

      ReplyDelete
    7. At work I always have someone snap my braces from the back. It use to bother me but I've gotten use to it. I had one guy try to snap them from the front but he quickly learnt his hands were to close to my breasts and I didn't appreciate it. He has never done it again. But one thing is weird is it's only the guys that snap the braces and it's only ever done to the women I work with

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Maybe the guys should wear braces and then the women can snap their braces in return!

        Delete
      2. I think getting your suspenders snapped on occasion is an inevitable consequence of wearing them. If a women snapped them I always took it as a fairly reliable signal that she was interested in me and was trying to get my attention. If a guy did it there are usually a variety of reasons possible, but most have to with getting my attention in a pretty annoying fashion

        Delete
    8. I snap my Braces all of the time. I don't know why but there's just something enjoyable about it. I usually wear braces pretty much every day of the week and when I'm not It's always a dress. Sometimes when I'm at work somebody snaps my braces from the back and I don't mind as it's an easier way of getting my attention rather than my name being shouted out in a quiet office. I have about 5 pairs of Clip Ons and 3 Button Ones and I never put on a single pair without giving them a snap for the pure enjoyment of it and I'm constantly snapping them throughout the day. Sometimes my boyfriend likes to snap mine from both the front and back when he passes by and he usually pulls them as far as possible first and at first it was annoying, then I got over it after I did the same to him. I cannot say enough about how much I love braces and how much I love snapping them and getting them snapped by other people.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I love to snap my braces too. My husband who is 31 wears Braces to work and I would always snap them when he comes home. I don't work but I started wearing braces when we were sorting through our old clothes and my husband wanted to throw out his clip on suspenders until I decided to try on a pair. Since then, I've always worn clip on braces with jeans and I always give them a snap when I first put them on and when I take them off. And when I go out with friends I always put on a pair of braces and my friends usually like to snap them by pulling the rear straps as far as possible then letting go, it's enjoyable pain. I've sewn button on braces onto all my 5 year old's jeans and he loves snapping them as well. As you said, snapping braces is mysteriously enjoyable and certainly improves my mood.

        Delete

    Thank you for commenting on Everything About Braces. To maintain a civilized discussion forum, moderators may decide to remove messages at their sole discretion if considered to be offensive.
    Join our social media community on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/backtobraces/ and Instagram at https://instagram.com/backtobraces/